Saturday, August 15, 2009

A start to something great

Hello all.

So I cannot say that I have been one that blogs. Ever. I guess a conversation I had with a friend last night, changed my mind. We got talking about what we would love to do for a job. No let me re-phrase that. Not a job, a career. Too many people that I know, hate their jobs. It's never the people we all work with that we despise, it's getting up in the morning having to face the horrible looong day that is ahead of us. So coming out a predominately retail-based background, we both have decided that it is not something we want to go back to. Too many long hours, not enough pay, too much responsibilities with little to no credit. Personally, I think it is the best choice for both of us.

A passion that I have always had, but have always decided to hide from most of the world and my close friends, is writing. It seems to be an escape for me. I get to be me. It sounds really funny, and you may ask, why can you not be you any other way. A large portion of my life I have been criticized, the worst part about that fact is that it's mainly been by my family. I am not smart enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, blonde enough etc, not once did they ever say I was good enough the way I was, or am. When you feel this way, it's hard to share what you love about yourself, be it in your talents, your abilities, or painly just in how you felt in any given moment, on any given day.

A blog - An abbreviation to Weblog. Some people call it an online public diary. In my own words, it could be anything from a thought process to just a venting tool, but a blog is a blog, and with the social networking craze that I seem to be a part of, I am honestly surprised I have held out this long.

The conversation I had with my friend last night, ended like this. It's too bad we can't blog from home, and make money from it. She would love to write a book and have it published, me on the other hand, to see some of the writings I do published would be an incredible thought. However, I never think I am good enough to ever have that happen. My friends say I am really talented, but like I said last night, it's the friend card, what are they going to say? Kelsey you really should not write anymore. No they are not, because the friends that I do let into this world, my truly personal world, push me in a way others cannot. So, knowing we probably ever won't make a dime on doing this, but to keep ourselves both sane, this is what we have decided to do.

Pick a topic, any topic, every day. There's two of us, and as my grade 12 English 30 high school teacher taught me, there are always two sides to everything. Neither wrong, or right. Depending of course on how you defend them, determines how right you seem to be to someone reading it, but regardless, it is your own opinion to have, and therefore, will never be wrong. It is the one thing no matter what anyone says, you can never fail at.

To never fail. I like that thought. So here it goes, basically what is going to happen, is my blog is going to be a response to her blog, and hers a response to mine. Of course, there is probably going to be something thrown in along the way, but that's the jist of this blog anyway.

Sorry to have kept you so long, but I thought a good explanation of what I am trying to achieve was needed. To be successful, to prove to everyone around me, I am smart enough, I am good enough, and most importantly, to prove to myself, to succeed means to try, and sometimes, the attempt is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. the second part of the blog is at htpp://barbi2blog.blogspot.com Personally I think this one is a better writer.

    ReplyDelete