Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanksgiving...

I thought rather than just writing something for thanksgiving and keeping it a secret this year, I thought I would post it for the world to see.... Wonderful :)

On January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:

A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October.

Now because we all don't believe in "almighty Gods", it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, however I always say, year after year, Thanksgiving is a day for reflection.

So to reflect on the year past, I have had some really hard decisions to make, not only personally but professionally as well. This year hasn't been really hard persay in comparison to others, just different. The past few months, I haven't written anything. Writer's block, or just lack of creative energy you could call it. Could even be out of utter laziness, whatever the reason, I haven't written a thing. I think best when I write, and I'm not quite sure why either.

I could go on and on about the past year, the ups the downs, the in betweens. This year, I haven't actually really been affected by it, other than a few major decisions here and there, nothing too big at all. Part of me is letting go of my inner child, and I think it's a sad thing sometimes. I like that inner child being there, reminding me of dreams, hopes etc. Slowly that part of me, is disappearing. It isn't what I want or wish I could do, it's become more of a this is what I may be able to do. That scares me a bit, but I am trying to keep the faith, it's not working so well though.

So this Thanksgiving, in short, I'm not overally grateful or thankful for anything. Think of it as inconsiderate or whatever you want, but at least I can be honest with myself and you, that nothing in my life this year, made a lasting impression that without someone or something in my life, I'd be lost.

So I guess, part of me is thankful for that, I keep getting up, and I keep fighting because the day I stop, that's the day that the world will be a different place.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment